The Forest



I wandered a day or two or more ago
into a forest like no other
It had trees and birds and critters
but a unique queerness too
There the myths of old were still afloat
and fabled creatures roamed about
Of the fairies the King and Queen I met
fierce Titania and wise Oberon
They did not care of their vast lands
but took pride in the little things
The psalms of birds, the chirps of crickets
the sun's brilliant rays which through the trees' leaves shone
They then revealed for me the forest's sacred guardians
the nymphs, the fae, the faunes and satyrs
And then I had to go
For if one stays too long they may never leave
and once they go, they may not return
From elation to anguish
From awareness to illiteracy once again
What I wouldn't give for that blessed place to reappear
This may sound like a cautionary tale
but such is not
So traveler, this is my suggestion
wander too if you can into the forest of faunes and fairies
for what you find there may change you

Comments

Popular Posts