~
Entry 1:
if you ever look hard enough
between the clouds
giant though they may be
and scary and dark at times
if you squeeze your eyes enough
until you start to tear
the clouds dissolve
within your own blurriness
and shines through
this opaque film of liquid glass
the illuminating sun
and all the tempests you endured
shall turn into stars
that’s what hides behind the clouds
stars and stardust and a clearer day
Entry 2:
no fiction has best beaten yet
the stories that I would concoct
sitting on my bedroom’s floor
and staring at the sky
green was the carpet then
unicorns and wizards and dragons
fighting in the eldest tapestry
of the uncaptured sky
a mosaic ever shifting, reassembled
giants, fairies, bears
dancing aloof in the still
of the unstill canvas
whereat I’d stare for hours
and listen to the murmur
of universal celestiality
once, I’d seen an angry rabbit knight
charging against a cloudy patch of carrots
and I ran into the office
led my mum by the hand
rushing all the while
and went to point exactly
at the heir, the armoured fluff
Nonsense, darling she said and
killed the sky, murdered it
with the cold press of blazing
iron and all the adventures
that I saw once in this masterpiece
of a frame, had now evaporated
into pure gas, H2O, water cycles,
mundane vagueness of stiff explanations
I mourned the sky, I cried for her
I wept for years
until mother started slowly
patching the green carpet with
blue cloth and grey cloth
and needled it pinch by pinch
until I no longer cared
to cry, no longer cared to
sit and stare, for the was
nothing vivid to look at
I only lay on a carpet that
was never mine, at times suffocating
in its hues - I lay
empty of thought or emotion
under a rotting corpse
[GM]
18 / How did the sky look like? (#escapril)


Comments
Post a Comment