Chocolate
School was ending. Summer was approaching. Kids' favorite time. I was happy and you were proud. Proud of me and my grades. School had an end of the year party next day. I was dancing with a couple of other girls. You said you were going to be there. And buy me chocolate afterwards. It was our little secret, one of our habits every now and then. No one knew about it. Not even mum. And I guess that was what made it special. I went to sleep early after having practiced my choreography a bunch of times. You stared at me proudly. I kissed you goodnight and went to bed. But that night, life had other plans. And who would have thought. Why? Why would this happen? You had plenty of things to see, to live, to be happy and sad about. You never heard me confess the amount of love I had for you and how important you were to me. The next day I was alone. Dancing alone. Feeling alone and empty. And my chocolate? You never gave me my chocolate grandpa...
~Hopeless Romantic



Comments
Post a Comment